Is 2022 the year that you are going to get back on the bike?
Is 2022 the year that you are going to rejoin group rides?
Is 2022 the year that we look over our collective shoulder at the pandemic and wish it good riddance?
I for one sure hope so and I know that there are a bunch of WCBC ride leaders and members who are ready to get back to group riding.
For most, the “ride season” starts up in the April-May time frame so we are a month or so away from the start. Warmer temps and cabin fever draw us out of hibernation and onto the roads to join group rides. Spring is when nature renews itself and at the same time many of us renew our friendships with our riding friends.
For those who were unable to attend the annual banquet and everyone in general, I wanted to share some updates with you that relate to the 2022 WCBC ride season.
- Pre-ride signup will continue to utilize Sign Up Genius (SUG) as opposed to paper signup waivers. Signup in advance of the ride is still required and you can do so by following the link within the ride posting on the WCBC Ride Calendar. You can signup via a computer or by using the SUG app for your mobile device. We all forget to signup in advance, so be certain to download the SUG app now so that you are prepared for that last minute signup from the parking lot prior to the start of the ride.
- The club has relaxed the requirement to be a club member to participate in rides. We still want you to join the club, but we also understand that some people want to do a few rides before becoming a member so we are relaxing the requirement for that reason. So there is no misunderstanding, benefits of membership are only for members who’s membership is current. Benefits of membership include supplemental insurance, bike shop discounts, and inclusion in members-only events such as the annual banquet, the annual picnic, and other planned social events.
- Membership needs to be renewed every year. Single membership remains at $15 and Family membership is just $20. If you have not renewed your membership please select this link (2022 Membership) to do so. If you are unsure whether you are a member, select the same link and select “Who’s Registered” just above the WCBC logo to search by name. If your name isn’t there, then you have yet to renew your membership. Please do so at your earliest convenience.
- Unable to attend the Annual Banquet, but want to know what was discussed? A PDF of the Annual Banquet Powerpoint presentation will be posted on the website by 03/10, and a link provided on the slider at the top of the landing page. We did not record the meeting, so the PDF is what we have available.
- The Icicle Metric is a GO for 2022. After a two year hiatus due to the health crisis and organizations not granting permission to use their facilities, we have the much needed permissions and are planning for the upcoming April 9th event. Select this link (Icicle 2022) for more information about the event, including a link to BikeReg.com to signup!
- Dates have been determined for all club events and those dates can be found on the club’s website within the slider at the top of the page.
For those new to WCBC club-led rides or who may have questions about the club, please feel free to reach out to me at President@whiteclaybicycleclub.org. I will do my best to respond within a day or two.
Also, scroll back thru the WCBC News & Events at the bottom of the club’s website landing page as we’ve posted quite a lot prior to the pandemic. Some of the posts may answer your questions while all will provide for great lunchtime reading!
Hope to see you on one of the many club-led rides this year!