Some, maybe most of you have heard by now – Performance Bikes is in bankruptcy.
In layman’s terms, the parent company was closing some of their stores and within those stores having “Store Closing Sales” while the company was in a re-organization mode. That was until last Friday (12/07) when they announced that all stores are having Store Closing Sales (see information online posting below).
The reason for this email…to let you know that, for one reason or another, another cycling related business is closing. With this closure you need to think about yourself in the short term.
If you are a member, do you have points? If so use them. One local store told me that they can only be used for online purchases. The other local store did not say or do this. According to the online post (see below) all points will expire at the end of the current membership.
If you are a member, you may want to cancel the auto-renewal of your membership. The online posting states that all auto-renewals have been suspended, but just in case…
Do you have a gift card that you haven’t used? Use it or lose it. I have a great souvenir from Wooden Wheels – a gift card that I received as a WCBC event Door Prize – when the business was open under the former ownership. Oh well, you never know when something of value, can become worthless overnight. Don’t wait.
Do you have a maintenance plan? See the information below from the online posting about how their maintenance plans are being affected.
The intent of this email is not to promote a Store Closing Sale, but to notify you of this event so that you can take care of yourself before it is too late.
Information from the Performance Bike online posting that you may want to be aware of especially with the holidays upon us…
AN UPDATE ON PERFORMANCE BICYCLE – 12/07/2018
To our customers,
The parent company of Performance Bicycle has entered into Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, and as a result there have been significant changes to our businesses. Currently, all Performance Bicycle stores are holding Store Closing Sales. Here is what it means for you, our valued customers:
• All Sales are Final. No exchanges, no returns* and no adjustment on prior purchases. (*Refunds may only be for merchandise having a latent defect and returned within 7 days of purchase with receipt).
• We are no longer accepting “Special Orders.”
• We can no longer offer Ship-to-Store, Ship-from-Store, store transfers or Store Pickups of online or phone orders.
• We will no longer price-match competitors, or PerformanceBike.com (sale pricing, coupons and other layered discounts). Online purchases cannot match in-store prices.
• Our Layaway, Trade-In and Hide-a-Bike programs are discontinued. (Existing Hide-a-Bike purchases will remain available for pickup on or before Christmas Eve.)
• Online purchases can no longer be returned to any Performance Bicycle store. Contact our customer service department here to discuss returning your online purchase.
• We will no longer offer financing at any Performance store. Financing remains available for online purchases through PayPal Credit.
• We will no longer offer Lifetime Free Adjustments.
• All manufacturers’ warranties remain in effect for purchases either in-store or online.
• We can no longer offer free, in-store assembly of bikes purchased at PerformanceBike.com or via phone order.
We no longer offer Performance Bicycle led group rides at our retail locations.
For Team Performance members:
• All current members’ accounts, and their points, will expire at the end of their current membership.
• New memberships, membership renewals and auto-renewals are suspended in all stores and online.
• All current Team Performance Members can redeem points online at PerformanceBike.com and over the phone at 1-800-727-2453.
• All current Team Performance Members can earn points on purchases made online at PerformanceBike.com.
• There will no longer be automatic 2nd Business Day shipping on member orders. Upgraded shipping remains available for an extra charge and online orders receive free shipping on orders of $49 or more.
Extended Service Plans (all locations):
• Our Extended Service Plans will no longer be offered at any Performance Bicycle location.
• We no longer sell Spin Doctor Extended Service Plans (ESP’s). We will no longer provide ESP services. All Manufacturer’s Warranties are in effect.
If you have additional questions, please ask one of our store associates or contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-PBS-BIKE.