No rides posted for the area where you ride? At the time you want to ride? At the pace you want to ride? On the roads you like to ride?
Become a WCBC Ride Leader and post rides that are to your liking.
We will be offering WCBC Ride Leader Training on Saturday, April 24 from 3-5 pm. The training will be virtually via a Zoom meeting, hosted by Carol Bassett.
Ride leader training provides those interested in becoming a WCBC ride leader with the knowledge to lead club-led rides. Carol will explain the club’s expectations and will share with you what you can expect of the club.
She will review with you…
- How to lead a ride safely
- Rules of the road and how they pertain to cyclists
- Co-leading with an experienced ride leader until you are ready
- How to know when you are ready to lead your own rides
- How to post a ride on the ride calendar
- How to develop a route for a ride
- What to do in the case of an accident
- And many other topics
And so you know, taking the training does not obligate you to leading rides until you are ready to do so. Taking the training only prepares you for the opportunity to do so.