The Shorefire, Saturday, August 08, 2020
New for 2020 – Please Read!!
- NO Day-Of Registration for this event.
- Participation in this event will be by PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Pre-register for the event at – https://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-shorefire-century
- To follow State regulations this event will have a limit placed on the maximum number of participants
- All food being offered will be single serve, pre-packaged, not baked goods like prior events
- We will require all participants to adhere to State and Federal health requirements and guidelines in place at the time of the event (including social distancing and/or face coverings, if applicable)
Ride beautiful, scenic routes (35, 65, and 100 miles) taking you through flat to gently rolling farmland in central Delaware as the route follows lesser traveled roads from Middletown to Clayton, Hartly, points south, and back. All routes will be marked with route arrows and have SAG support until 5 pm. There are rest stops along the routes at regular intervals, five on the Century route!
Because of the flat, gently rolling terrain that the route follows, this event has become a “right-of-passage” for many cyclists as they take on the challenge of their “First Century Ride“.
|DATE:||Saturday, August 08, 2020
(registration from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, Rest stops and SAG support close at 5 pm)
|DETAILS:||Address: Middletown High School
120 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709
- Links to the cue sheets and GPS-type will be provided to pre-registered riders via email a few days prior to the event
and available at registration the day of the event for riders who register that morning.
- You Must Pre-register to participate
and avoid the hassle of standing in line to download GPS-type files the morning of the event!
- All routes begin at Middletown High School – 120 Silver Lake Road – Middletown, DE 19709
- From New Jersey and northeast PA: I-95 into DE. Exit 4A, Rt.1 south ($1 toll) for approximately 17 miles to exit 136. Right at light on to Rt. 299, go 1 mile to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From Baltimore and points west: I-95 into DE. Exit 1, Rt. 896 south, joins with Rt.71 south. Follow Rt.71 south to left on Rt.299 east, go 1 mile to right on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From points south and west: Rt.301 to Rt.299 into Middletown, follow as above. Or, follow Rt.1 to exit 136 or Rt.13 into Odessa. Left on Rt.299 to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- Online Registration Closing Date: August 02, 2020 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
- No mail-in registration will be accepted
- Event registration is by Online Pre-Registration ONLY
- NO Walk-up Day-of registration for this event
- Take advantage of Pre-Registration Discounts!!
- Register online at BikeReg.com thru 08/02/20 – Select this link to Register –http://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-shorefire-century\
Walk-up Day-of registration after August 02 is $30 per person
- 2020 major event brochure in process to be posted soon.
No refunds are offered for this event.