2021 Doublecross – June 26th
Many bicycle rides cross states that are measured in hundreds of miles and many days. The White Clay Bicycle Club offers an alternative that is modest in time, effort and stamina (a bicycle ride nearly anyone can do) that crosses and “doublecrosses” an entire state in 62 total miles (metric century) over flat terrain. In addition to the traditional metric century route, we offer shorter 31 mile loops for those who would like a shorter ride.
The metric century ride is laid out on a figure eight pattern, beginning and ending at Smyrna High School, Smyrna Delaware. We first go east to Woodland Beach on the Delaware Bay, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, and a return through the fishing town of Leipsic, DE, returning to Smyrna to complete a 31 mile ride. Enjoy the Smyrna High School rest stop for a long as you want until you are ready to head west on a second 31 mile loop taking you to Millington Wildlife Demonstration Area in Maryland and the Blackiston Wildlife Area before circling back to the Smyrna High School one last time to finish the 62 mile Doublecross!
All routes will be marked and SAG supported. Cue sheets will be available at Registration. GPS-type files (and cue in PDF) will be made available to registrants.
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Saturday, June 26, 2021
- Time: Ride starts at 7 am EDT (no mass start)
- Route closes, support ends at 3 pm
- Online Registration ONLY for this event
- No Day-of registration
- Rider check-in between 7am to 9am
- Event registration is ONLY by Online Registration
- NO Walk-up Day-of the event
- NO mail-in registration will be accepted
- Take advantage of Early Registration Discounts (ending a month prior to event)!
- Online Registration Closing Date: June 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
- Register online at BikeReg.com thru 06/20/2021 – Select this link to Register – http://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-doublecross-metric
- Registration is $35 per person. Early Registration Discounts are available.
GPS File Info
2021 Doublecross Files
Registrants will be emailed a link to the cue sheets and route information a few days prior to the event.
Register and avoid the hassle of standing in line to download GPS-type files the morning of the event!
- From the North (Philadelphia, Wilmington, Newark)
Follow I 95 to Exit 4A. This is the exit for DE Rt 1 South, towards Christiana Mall/Dover/Beaches
Merge onto DE 1 South
Follow DE 1 to Exit 119A (26.4 miles)
Merge onto US 13 South toward DE-6/DE 300/Smyrna (0.9 miles)
Turn right onto Rd 486 (1.2 miles)
Continue onto Rd 65/N Main St (0.1 miles)
Turn right onto Rd 134/Duck Creek Parkway, destination on the left (0.6 miles)
- From the south (Rehoboth Beach, Dover)
North on DE 1 to exit 114 for US 13 toward DE-6/DE-300/Smyrna
Right onto US 13 N (1.8 miles)
Left onto Glenwood Ave (0.3 mi)
Right onto Rd 65/N.Main St (0.6 mi)
Left onto Duck Creek Parkway, destination on the left (0.6 mi)
No refunds are offered for this event.