The Shorefire, Saturday, August 07, 2021
Ride beautiful, scenic routes (35, 65, and 100 miles) taking you through flat to gently rolling farmland in central Delaware as the route follows lesser traveled roads from Middletown to Clayton, Hartly, points south, and back. All routes will be marked with route arrows and have SAG support until 5 pm. There are rest stops along the routes at regular intervals, five on the Century route!
Because of the flat, gently rolling terrain that the route follows, this event has become a “right-of-passage” for many cyclists as they take on the challenge of their “First Century Ride“.
|DATE:||Saturday, August 07, 2021
(Rider check-in from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, Rest stops and SAG support close at 5 pm)
|DETAILS:||Address: Middletown High School
120 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709
- Links to the cue sheets and GPS-type will be provided to registered riders via email a few days prior to the event
- All routes begin at Middletown High School – 120 Silver Lake Road – Middletown, DE 19709
- From New Jersey and northeast PA: I-95 into DE. Exit 4A, Rt.1 south ($1 toll) for approximately 17 miles to exit 136. Right at light on to Rt. 299, go 1 mile to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From Baltimore and points west: I-95 into DE. Exit 1, Rt. 896 south, joins with Rt.71 south. Follow Rt.71 south to left on Rt.299 east, go 1 mile to right on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From points south and west: Rt.301 to Rt.299 into Middletown, follow as above. Or, follow Rt.1 to exit 136 or Rt.13 into Odessa. Left on Rt.299 to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- Event registration is ONLY by Online Registration
- NO Walk-up Day-of for this event
- NO mail-in registration will be accepted
- Take advantage of Early Registration Discounts (ending a month prior to event)
- Online Registration Closing Date: August 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
- Register online at BikeReg thru 08/01/2021 – Select this link to Register- https://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-shorefire-century
- Registration is $35 per person. Early Registration Discounts are available.
No refunds are offered for this event.