The Shorefire, Saturday, August 5th
Ride beautiful, scenic routes (35, 65, and 100 miles) taking you through flat to gently rolling farmland in central Delaware as the route follows lesser traveled roads from Middletown to Clayton, Hartly, points south, and back. All routes will be marked with route arrows and have SAG support until 5 pm. There are rest stops along the routes at regular intervals, five on the Century route!
Because of the flat, gently rolling terrain that the route follows, this event has become a “right-of-passage” for many cyclists as they take on the challenge of their “First Century Ride“.
|DATE:||Saturday, August 05, 2023
(Rider check-in from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, Rest stops and SAG support close at 5 pm)
|DETAILS:||Address: Middletown High School
120 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709Parking on the High School parking lot
|CHECK-IN:||Registrants must pass thru check-in to get a wristband for use of rest stops & SAG|
|REST STOPS:||Multiple rest stops with food, drink, and facilities along the route|
|EMAIL:||Bill Ebbott, Shorefire Event Director at firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Registration is limited to 400 participants, so don’t delay in signing up
- Event registration is by BikeReg.com Online Registration
- Event registration is by Online Registration ONLY
- Take advantage of Early Registration Discounts (ending a month prior to event)
- Register online at BikeReg by selecting this link- https://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-shorefire-century
- Early Registration $25 per person 01/01/23 thru 07/08/23
- Registration $35 per person 07/09/23 thru 08/02/23
- Late/Day-Of Event Registration is $45 per person 08/03/23 thru 08/05/23
- For details about Day-Of Registration – see Day-Of Registration tab
- Day-Of Registration is offered for this event
- Registration on Day-Of event is still by Online Registration Only
- Participants will register via their own cell phone/smart device
- See instructions for Day-Of Registration posted on trailer at event start
- No cash or credit cards will be accepted at Rider Check-In – Registration by BikeReg.com Only
- Register online at BikeReg.com by selecting this link – https://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-shorefire-century
- Registration Day-Of event is $45 per person
- Cue sheets will be available at rider check-in
- GPS-type files – the Thursday afternoon prior to the event WCBC will email a link to the GPS files to those who have registered. The route is verified on Thursday to confirm that no adjustments to the route are required. Files will not be issued prior to Thursday afternoon. Please be patient, this is a necessary step in our procedure.
- All routes begin at Middletown High School – 120 Silver Lake Road – Middletown, DE 19709
- From New Jersey and northeast PA: I-95 into DE. Exit 4A, Rt.1 south (toll road) for approximately 17 miles to exit 136. Right at light on to Rt. 299, go 1 mile to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From Baltimore and points west: I-95 into DE. Exit 1, Rt. 896 south, joins with Rt.71 south. Follow Rt.71 south to left on Rt.299 east, go 1 mile to right on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From points south and west: Rt.301 to Rt.299 into Middletown, follow as above. Or, follow Rt.1 to exit 136 or Rt.13 into Odessa. Left on Rt.299 to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
No refunds are offered for this event.