The Shorefire, Saturday, August 07, 2021
Ride beautiful, scenic routes (35, 65, and 100 miles) taking you through flat to gently rolling farmland in central Delaware as the route follows lesser traveled roads from Middletown to Clayton, Hartly, points south, and back. All routes will be marked with route arrows and have SAG support until 5 pm. There are rest stops along the routes at regular intervals, five on the Century route!
Because of the flat, gently rolling terrain that the route follows, this event has become a “right-of-passage” for many cyclists as they take on the challenge of their “First Century Ride“.
|DATE:||Saturday, August 07, 2021
(Rider check-in from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, Rest stops and SAG support close at 5 pm)
|DETAILS:||Address: Middletown High School
120 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709
- GPS-type files – the Thursday afternoon prior to the event WCBC will email a link to the GPS files to those who have registered. The route is verified on Thursday to confirm that no adjustments to the route are required. Files will not be issued until Thursday afternoon. Please be patient, this is a necessary step in our procedure.
- All routes begin at Middletown High School – 120 Silver Lake Road – Middletown, DE 19709
- From New Jersey and northeast PA: I-95 into DE. Exit 4A, Rt.1 south ($1 toll) for approximately 17 miles to exit 136. Right at light on to Rt. 299, go 1 mile to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From Baltimore and points west: I-95 into DE. Exit 1, Rt. 896 south, joins with Rt.71 south. Follow Rt.71 south to left on Rt.299 east, go 1 mile to right on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- From points south and west: Rt.301 to Rt.299 into Middletown, follow as above. Or, follow Rt.1 to exit 136 or Rt.13 into Odessa. Left on Rt.299 to left on Silver Lake Rd. School entrance on left.
- Event registration is ONLY by Online Registration
- NO Walk-up Day-of for this event
- NO mail-in registration will be accepted
Take advantage of Early Registration Discounts (ending a month prior to event)
- Online Registration
Closing Date: August 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EDT)>>Extended to midnight Wednesday, 08/04
- Register online at BikeReg
thru 08/01/2021– Select this link to Register- https://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-shorefire-century
- Registration is $35 per person.
Early Registration Discounts are available.
No refunds are offered for this event.