- This event has passed.
National Bike to Work Day Celebration in Newark
May 19 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am
Bike into work, but first, stop off and enjoy the food, hear brief messages from UD and government officials, celebrate with the biking community gathered, and register your attendance when you arrive. We expect to hear an important announcement from the City of Newark about the results of its recent application for “Bicycle Friendly Community” status through the League of American Bicyclists. In addition, with the City of Newark we will be co-presenting the 2023 Bicycle Friendly Community Leader Award to a very deserving individual.
Join a Bike Train to Ride in with Others
“Bike trains” will be leaving for the event from six locations around Newark. Please join in and ride to the event with one of the groups. Make sure you arrive at one of these locations by 7:15 a.m. that morning. Otherwise, you’re likely to be biking in solo.
(Click on map for viewable/downloadable version.)
- Location A: John R. Downes Elementary School on Casho Mill Road
- Location B: Fairfield Shopping Center on New London Road
- Location C: Curtis Mill Park off Paper Mill Road
- Location D: James F. Hall Trailhead on Wyoming Road (just east of Library Avenue)
- Location E: STAR Tower front entrance on the UD STAR Campus
- Location F: Chrysler Avenue at the service road adjacent to Elkton Road