Established in 1973, the White Clay Bicycle Club (WCBC) consists of over 400 cyclists from Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania. We come in all shapes and sizes, young and old, and all abilities with one very important factor in common—a love of cycling! We are “roadies” and tourists, racers, mountain and tandem bikers, commuters and daily riders, weekend and occasional riders, and even non-riders. What keeps all of us going is our enthusiasm for health, camaraderie, the love of the outdoors and a desire to learn more about ourselves and our sport.
WCBC and its subgroups—First State Velo Sport and Toucans—are affiliated with the League of American Bicyclists, Adventure Cycling Association and United States Cycling Federation.
Monthly Club Meetings
WCBC – First Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m., in the Community Room of the new REI store at the Christiana Mall located at 2300 Fashion Center Blvd, Newark, DE 19702. The Executive Committee discusses club business and periodically special guests present enrichment programs. All cyclists are welcome!
$15/adult – $20/household
- Up-to-date Ride Calendar available online
- Secondary insurance coverage on club rides
- Members-only annual banquet (Feb) and picnic (May/June)
- Discounts at local bike stores.
- Enjoy the safety of riding in groups with people who share your interest in cycling
- Cycling is a great way to get in shape and stay fit
- Special programs at monthly meetings
Most of all, your membership supports strong representation at public transportation hearings and the Delaware Bicycle Council meetings and community events.
Constitution & Policies
- Constitution Policies (PDF)
- Mailing List Protection (PDF)
- Volunteer Recognition Brunch
- Ride Leader Awards
- Member Advertising (PDF)
The club’s monthly newsletter, the TAILWIND, is currently on hold until further notice.
E-Mail Distribution List
The WCBC distribution list announces unscheduled rides, share regional cycling news/tips and post questions.