This page has been created to provide a single source of information with regard to how WCBC is being impacted by COVID-19.
(Updated 04/21/20, 05/11/20, 06/02/20, 06/09/20, 06/15/20, 07/10/20 – JWHaupt)
This page will be used to post updated information along with guidance with respect to club events.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide additional updates regarding club activities and events that are scheduled to occur in the coming months. Our decisions will be based on a combination of guidance from local authorities along with our assessment of the ability to ensure the health and safety of event participants.
- Icicle – has been cancelled
- Annual Picnic – has been cancelled
- Doublecross – has been cancelled
- Shorefire – to be held as scheduled (August 8)
- Savage – to be held as scheduled (October 3)
- Volunteer Brunch – to be held as scheduled (October 25)
Should an event be cancelled, options will be offered with respect to the pre-registration fees already paid.
- Club-led rides can travel into states outside of Delaware
- Posting for club-led rides will resume beginning 06/15/20 – with many significant changes to the Club’s ride policy
- Check the blog titled “Is My Membership Current?“
- We are moving to online rider pre-registration using Sign Up Genius – read about it here
- We’ve also posted blogs about the Rides Resuming, Rules & Guidelines, and the Ride Waiver from the three documents above
- Want to know how to sign up for a ride? Read this short blog – How to Sign Up
- Ride Leader Training scheduled for April 19 will also be postponed to a future date (most likely in June/July, if the situation permits). (No date yet determined)
- May Tour 2020 led by John & Ceci McCormick – has been cancelled
- Hawk Mountain Weekend led by Wally Hertler – see Ride Calendar
- Monthly Club Meetings have moved to a virtual online format – please contact JW Haupt at President@whiteclaybicycleclub.org if you would like to receive an invitation to attend
We appreciate your understanding and hope that you will return to riding with the club once this pandemic event has waned.
Feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions.